Posted to alt.home.repair
Josh Josh is offline

Default inside air quality

| My first thought is the humidity is too low so I bought a humidity meter
| form home depot. It bottoms out at 30-35% at night. Is that too low? How
| do I get the humidity higher automatically whithout using a protable
| humidifier.

that's on the lower side of acceptable.

| I was thinking it was caused by a post nasal drip, but we visited a
friends
| house and neither of us had this problem while sleeping over there
| (Lafayette LA).
|
| We have aired the house out several times with no change.
|
| What sort of air quality testing should I do to determine if I have some
| kind of air problem.
|
| dust?, mold? humidity too low?

well, there's some simple things you could do to test each of those.
1. Give your friends the humidity meter, and see what their humidity level
is.
2. buy a $30 cool mist evaporative humidifier and use it for a week. I know
you said this isn't a solution, but it can be used to diagnose the problem.
3. buy a $30 hepa air purifier and try that for a week.

If any of the above make your symptoms go away, it should direct you to the
appropriate long term solution.