Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Choosing a new lav

On 27 Mar 2007 06:17:32 -0700, "Clive" wrote:

|!Hi,
|!
|! When I move the bathroom in the house how do I determine if the new
|!toilet is a good "flusher"?

You can not buy a good flusher nowadays, the specification has changed due
the water saving requirements. Could you buy a second hand one with a 2 1/2
gallon *high* tank like they used to be? Not sure if fitting a 2 1/2
gallon tank is legal any more.

|!I'd rather have some recommendations than
|!chancing it. A lot of effort seems to go on promoting the appearance
|!of the device and precious little information on the rather more
|!important (in my opinion) effectiveness of the "business end". I
|!guess that a poor installation and poor soil-pipe routing will defeat
|!the best "flusher" on the market.

The soil pipe arrangement is *crucial*, I changed mine from iron to plastic
and got a great improvement, even with a modern low volume tank.

--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg