Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Robert Drebit Robert Drebit is offline

Default Grinder Modification

I can get the guards back on, but the nut on the arbor is only half on.

Bob

On 3/26/07 8:13 PM, in article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 26, 4:20 pm, Robert Drebit wrote:
I had (inadvertently) bought a General 8 ³ 1725 rpm grinder which I now have
found out was built for 3/4 inch wheels. Bought the grinder at a woodturning
show and they sold me 1 inch wheels to go with it. Itıs too late to try send
it back. Has anyone modified such or a similar grinder to handle the thicker
1 inch wheels?

Bob

Are you sure the wheels won't fit? If it is one of the General
International branded products, it is actually a generic Taiwanese
grinder, branded under many different badges.

I have two 8" grinders. Either size wheel will fit either grinder,
the only difference is the covers/guards on the wheels. If the motor
arbor is long enough and you can get the guard back on, you are in
business.

I would be more worried that the arbor hole size on the wheel was the
correct diameter to fit.

Robert