Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house

Default Lawn Aeration vs letting the squirrels and birds do it

On Mar 26, 10:25 am, "Jennifer" wrote:
On Mar 26, 8:43 am, "Buderschnookie" wrote:

HGTV is a great entertainment channel- I spend lots of time there. But I
spend lots of time fooling around in the yard and on home projects and do
know this- they can condense two weeks of backbreaking labor performed by a
team of professionals into one 30 minute "fun weekend project" completed by
a homeowner and a host.
And they regularly underestimate the cost of projects- leaving out the
purchase of necessary tools, and all those trips back and forth because you
bought the wrong thing to start with.

I should have been more clear... I wasn't talking about their "Weekend
Warriors" type stuff, more like Flip This/That House, Designed to
Sell, all that. My impression is that hiring pros to put down fresh
sod for an average size suburban yard is in the $2,000 ballpark and
takes a day or two.

True/false, anyone?

--
Jennifer

Seems like that's a lot more than the suggested one time bag of
fertilizer that's supposed to make everything look nice right before
you sell. The cost of sod installation will vary widely depending
on the location, site prep work needed, layout, etc. Range could be
25-50 cents a sq ft. But most people care about what the place looks
like when they live there too, not just when they are leaving.