Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Car battery question

Not necessarily. Put your charger on it's lowest setting and turn the park
lights on. If the battery is completely dead, as in dead as a doorknob,
sometimes chargers won't charge. Turning the park lights on gives it
something to do and sometimes gets the charging action going.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"Mitch" Mitch@... wrote in message
I went to start my Explorer the other day, and the battery was dead
from sitting so long.

I put a battery charger on it, but I'm not getting anything...zero
amps on the charger.

I've sanded all the corrosion from both contact points, down to shiny
bare metal...still nothing.

I also have a battery tender, so I put that on. It has an LED to
indicate charging...it's not lit.

Does this mean the battery is done for?