Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Getting lawn mower going again...

Lot-o-fun wrote:
I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't do right by my lawn mower last
Fall and just left it in the garage over the winter without doing any
winter prep. It's warm enough today that I thought I'd drag it out and
see if I could start it, and I couldn't after priming the engine and a
few quick on the rope. What should I do at this point? The lawn
mower is a Murray with a 4-stroke engine (model 20617A for those that
care). I bought it used and didn't get a manual or anything like that
with it.

As a follow up, what's the right way to put this machine away for the
winter?

Thanks in advance,
-Lotofun

With luck you can just start it and go. If it works make sure you
change the oil and fill it with fresh gas soon. Don't use the old gas that
might be in the gas can. That can go into your car when the car's tank is
almost full. I would guess it calls for 10W30 or just 30W oil. I would just
use 10W30 and depending on the size of your yard, change it twice a year.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit