Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default gas hot water heater age limit

Trail Blazer wrote:
My gas hot water heater is 25yrs. old and works fine but looks its age
with a little rust around the bottom, should I replace it soon or wait
until it actually fails. How dangerous is it?

Not likely to be dangerous but it can flood the room it is in. At 25
years, I would suggest replacing it, unless you live in an area with very
very good water. Ask around and see how long your neighbor's tanks are
lasting. I suspect you will want to replace it soon. It is much better
that way than have it go out just as the guest staying over Christmas
arrive.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit