Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,wpg.general
Michael Bulatovich Michael Bulatovich is offline

Default Can anybody explain what's happening?

"JS" wrote in message

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in message

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 26, 10:56 am, wrote:

Water getting under the shingles and the saturating the plywood
underneath. Getting in the soffit, and then running down the outside
wall. Looks like the flashing wasn't done properly, should have
atleast 18" under the shingles to the edge of the roof to prevent ice
damns. Better have someone have a look at it very quick.

The Ice & Water Shield membrane (or approved equal - would somebody
kindly offer up a generic term so I don't have to keep writing "or
approved equal"? Thanks!) should extend from the edge of the roof up
to about 3' inside the line of the exterior wall. The ice damming
problem is usually due to heat from the house interior.

Our code calls it "eaves protection". Has a nice, blandish ring to it.
Dontch think?

just call it roof membrane, i think everyone will know it then

That phrase can also describe the membrane in a low slope roof, so I'd stay
clear of that one.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca