Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
Michael Bulatovich Michael Bulatovich is offline

Default Shop Drawing Review: (was) How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

"Bob Morrison" wrote in message
k.net...
In a previous post Pat wrote...
So are shop drawings, sprinkler plans, and such considered to be
produced under your supervision and control? Often they are not
stamped when the leave the shop.

Those types of drawings are usually produced by the installer, not the
design professional (unless the sprinkler guy happens to be an engineer).

I NEVER put my PE stamp on those types of drawings no do I APPROVE those
types of drawings. I have a Shop Drawing "REVIEW" stamp that indicates
that the drawings have been reviewed for GENERAL COMPLIANCE with the
design concept.

I also NEVER leave the design of connection details up to the fabrication
shop. That's what got the engineers who designed the Kansas City Hyatt
Regency walkway into trouble (it collapsed). And, I always review the
shop drawings to make certain that the detailer understood the concept and
has fully implemented the intent of the design.

Me2