Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Double Pole switch???

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:28:53 GMT, "J.C." wrote:

I bought a Double pole switch. Why, I don't know. I looked in my trusty
electrical handbook and my copy of the 2007 NESC handbook (to most wasted
$65.00 I've ever spent) and nowhere is there a reference to a "Double Pole
Switch". So, what is a "Double Pole Switch" and what is it used for.

I've used many a single pole switch and a number of 3 way switches in my
time but this one's got me a bit baffled.

TIA

JC

Here is an example: A typical electric water heater, it has two hots,
and no neutrals. So you can use the double pole as a local disconnect
for this case, as a guess.

tom @ www.Numerology-Readings.com