Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default Emergency Water Alarms For Basement ?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:36:40 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello:

Regarding those emergency water alarms one see at HD and elsewhe

Seems like a good idea if the washing machine hose breaks in the basement,
or the water heater starts leaking, I would think.

Do they work (well) ?

Any particular brand you folks would recommend ?

Any caveats in their usage, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

imho:

I picked one up, it was cheap enough to justify it. However as for
washing machine hoses, I think prevention is the best. I was told to
get wire reenforced hoses and replace every several years. Another
cheap way to prevent floods.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info