Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
Ken S. Tucker Ken S. Tucker is offline

Default Plan Stamping (was) How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

On Mar 26, 8:43 am, Bob Morrison wrote:
In a previous post Pat wrote...

I am wondering if this is not an "engineering" or "architectural"
issue but is instead really a copyright issue.

Nope! The law reads that documents bearing your seal MUST [emphasis
added] be prepared under your direct supervision.

This is intended to prevent "selling" of a professional seal when the
proper design work as not been completed.

I have seen it happen -- mechanical engineer stamps a drawing of a
retaining wall. no calcs, no letter, nothing to indicate that the
engineer actually did anything other than "sell" his seal. The engineer
eventually lost his license when it became apparent that he had made a
habit of doing this sort of thing.

--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

I have a Drivers license, Pilots, Life Insurance,
a license to transport nuclear materials
throughout North America, a Fire-arms
acquisition license.
I suppose all of those protect the public.

Though not licensed to do surgery, I'm a
great sliver remover, so heart transplants
are not a problem.
Ken