Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Another Fence Question

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote

It's not the post availability that's ridiculous, or expensive. It's the
holes.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

I would imagine that it would take some special drilling rig to make a true
vertical hole ten feet deep. Last post hole digger I saw was less than six
feet, and the longest spoon shovel I have seen is about eight. (a spoon
shovel is a special shovel designed to reach and retrieve the dirt that
falls to the bottom of a drilled hole) Such drill rigs are expensive to
rent, and take up a lot of space. Not something you can just get in and out
of your back yard unless it's new construction and there's nothing there
yet.

Steve