Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default I assume most of you have their own home, that is why you might be able to give me an advice

In article .com,
"Kyle" wrote:

But that's OK! Your situation is why we have real estate agents. Real
estate law is a confusing tangle of rules, laws, traditions, etc., and
is more complicated than any of us can really deal with on our own.
Real estate agents are not fast-talking slicky-boys out to bilk
clients (OK, some are, but they're the exception!); rather they are
people who have studied the laws and strategies, have passed exams and
are licensed by the state to represent you and your best interests in
either selling or buying a house.

Admittedly it has been a few years since I bought a house, but at
the time it was told to me that the Real Estate agent BY LAW was the
agent of the seller no matter if he was working with buyer or not and
thus was legally beholden to the seller and couldn't suggest to you
things that might be in your best interests if was not in the best
interests of the seller.
Has this changed nationally, or at least how would someone find
out if this is a concern in their state? Is this something the neophyte
we are talking to should find out about?