Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default I need suggestions.....

wrote:
(clip)would have been easier to have had the toolrest shaft fit the larger
size, and have the smaller opening bored to size.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Too late--he already bought it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wouldn't want to fool around with a 1/16" thick sleeve, I'd expect
problems with that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No problems. I use a 1/16" shim/adapter/sleeve. and it works fine.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just buy another one for the Vicmarc, than you don't have to change rests
around :-)))
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most of us are willing to spend fairly large amounts for the convenience of
not having to change things around all the time. People buy extra chucks
just so they don't have to keep changing jaws. A curved toolrest from
One-way costs more than I would be willing to spend for that infrequent need
to use it on the other lathe. I assume that Alex feels the same way, opr he
would not have asked the question.

Drilling out the opening on the Delta would have solved the problem for the
curved toolrest, and created some "orphans" out of the toolrests that
previously fit.

I say, "Go with a 1/16" spacer sleeve. Costs nothing, and, if it doesn't
satisfy you, then look for a better solution."

Sorry, "Other Leo," but I really disagree with you here, which is unusual.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 24, 8:21 pm, wrote:
Hey gang, I just bought a Oneway Curved toolrest. It has a 1" post
and it works great on my delta 16" lathe, but my Vicmarc VL300
shortbed has a 1-1/8" post. Any suggestions on how I can safely use
the new toorest on the Vic as well as the delta? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Alex