Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default What is it? CLXII - Answer page link

On Mar 26, 11:52 am, Lew Hartswick wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

Who determines what is the correct use of a tool? The manufacturer,
the purveyor or the end user?

Welll! The manufacturer is the one who determines what the tool
was " MADE " for but then anyone can "adapt" it for any other
use they desire.
That is way I look at it.

Perhaps. I think that Rob should have a Rube Goldberg category. It's
so limiting to have to guess the intended use. If he posted a picture
of a hammer, and someone replied, "I use that to drive screws.", they
should get partial credit because you _can_ use a hammer to drive some
screws. I'm big on partial credit.

Otherwise the quiz becomes so rigid, with _only_ one "right" answer.
It smacks of Fascism. Can't we all be right? Can't we all be
winners? Can't we all just get along...?

How about it, Rob? Are you willing to lighten up on the iron-fisted
control a bit?