Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Scott Rotary Spreader Settings

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:55:39 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Art wrote:
They also have an interesting smoking policy. Stop or you are fired.
I hate cigarettes but I am not sure I buy into that.

I remember when that one came out. I am a non-smoker but I thought they
were over the top on that.

I"ve never smoked either, and I don't think I know anyone who does,
but I think in general there is more to this anti-smoking stuff than
protecting peopl'es health.

I think since it's no longer acceptable to pick on Blacks or Jews or
Indians or even homosexuals, people have a desire to pick on someone,
and they've chosen smokers. Because in a way, they can't defend
themselves. It's similar to the GEICO commercials where they say, "So
easy a caveman could do it", and in the commericals the Cavemen are
objecting, but unsuccessfully.

In Maryland last week, the wise legislature banned smoking at all bars
and restaurants in the state, including even private clubs like
veterans' halls, even if the members vote for it.

Oh, there is also a proposal to ban trans-fat at all restaurants. Not
only is there the desire to have a group to pick on but the general
desire to be powerful. When they say that power corrupts, it's not
just about accepting graft, it's about exerting power for its own
sake.