Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Nie Tom Nie is offline

Default Turning a Swivel Joint - Genesis & How To

Charlie, I love ya.

TomNie

"charlieb" wrote in message
Mike R. Courteau wrote:

Very interesting Charlie. I'm printing it out to give it a try. By the
way, your link would not take me to the page. I ended up going to
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...iculation1.htm
to view the files.

Apologies. Should have waited to post the url. Added more pages
of ideas and renamed the pages Articulation instead of the original
ArticulatedChain. So now I'm going with an index page with links
to the rest of the pages.

Here's the index page for the articulated joints stuff.
http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...culation0.html
Any new additions can be gotten to from there.

I've since found another way to cut the concave part of the socket
halves, using a 3/8" diameter router bit for routing signs. Put it
in a drill chuck mounted in the tail stock and bore a round bottomed
hole. Quick and easy - if you've got the bit with a 1/4" shank.

Am doing the illustrations for the process of using it to make the
two halves of the socket for the ball and socket joint. Will post
the url here when it's done and up.

I guess letting the unconscious part of the brain play with
something
works because, when I woke up this morning I had another idea for
using the articulated joint idea.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...culation5.html

Let us know what YOU come up with. And if you have questions
I might be able to answer feel free to ask away - either here or
by private e-mail (I use my real e-mail address).

Fun this turning thing yes?

charlie b