Posted to alt.home.repair,at.building.construction.,wpg.general
Peter D Peter D is offline

Default Can anybody explain what's happening?

There's been a whole lot of snow/ice build up and a very quick melt this
year. That aid, this shouldn't happen. I'd say that melting snow has caused
ice dams that have forced the water between the gutter edge and the roof
edge, then it melted and you've got the water you see. It's probalby caused
damage to the gutter/roof at these spots so it should be fixed. It was
problaby a bad install, but this year has seen a lot of stuff liek this --
ice dams are quite common this year.I think the freaky weather and lots of
ice has revealed problems that come form poor workmanship or faulty
materials. So in a way it's a good thing -- better to find out now than ten
years form now.

Get them up on the roof and fixing it. If they don't call you back, tell
them you're getting a home inspection done and get a home inspector to check
the damage and sign off on the estimated costs of repair, and tell them
you'll be hiring someone else and suing them in small claims court. If they
don't fix it, do that.

"Melanie" wrote in message
Just had new roof, eavestroughs with flashing installed last spring. This
year we have these wet streaks running down one side of the house (see pic
here http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?i...898931qq3.jpg).

Did they screw up? Prior to having the work done, our original 40+ year
old gutters never did this at any time of the year (rain or snow melt
down)...

Been trying to get a hold of the roofer but wouldn't you know it they
never seem to return our calls! : (

If anybody could offer their wisdom I'd really appreciate it...it will
also help once I get a hold of our roofer...

Thanks in advance!
Melanie