Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jeff80@gmail.com is offline

Default Wrong brick being replaced on brand-new home...

Hello,

We bought a brand new home which is being built as I write. The front
of our house is about 1/2 brick and the rest is siding.

Long story short -- they put the completely wrong color brick on the
front, which I noticed after I swung by a few days later (the job was
already done). Now they are going to tear down the brick and put the
correct one up.

My question is this -- how do I make sure that they tear it down
carefully, prep the surface correctly again and put the new brick up
correctly? I don't know what to look for or what to ask the job
foreman about in order to make sure we don't have any brick detaching
or water damage in the future. Do they have to rip off the old
flashing? Will there be possible damage to the house wrap (the house
is wrapped all around). Can they accidentally punch holes through the
plywood? I don't even know what else could go wrong or what to watch
out for.

Thanks for any replies!!!