Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default Double Pole switch???

another application would be if you had such a number of lights as to exceed
the capacity of one circuit, but you wanted them all on one switch. Two
separate circuits, one switch, many lights. perhaps a gym, or an
auditorium.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:
www.lightsout.org

"J.C." wrote in message
I bought a Double pole switch. Why, I don't know. I looked in my trusty
electrical handbook and my copy of the 2007 NESC handbook (to most wasted
$65.00 I've ever spent) and nowhere is there a reference to a "Double Pole
Switch". So, what is a "Double Pole Switch" and what is it used for.

I've used many a single pole switch and a number of 3 way switches in my
time but this one's got me a bit baffled.

TIA

JC