Posted to alt.home.repair
Felder Felder is offline

Default Outdoor outlets: how high from ground?

On Mar 25, 1:18 pm, "clevelandhts07" wrote:
Hey all. I need to install an outdoor outlet on my garage for a pond
pump. Anyone know what the National Electrical Code says about how
high off the ground an outlet has to be? I'm plainning on installing a
weatherproof cover that covers the plugs at all times.

I'm thinking it's like 12", but can't say for certain. A local library
should have a recent copy of the NEC book if you want to be certain.
In addition to a weatherproof cover, be sure to use a weatherproof
box.

-Felder