Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Festool comes through for me.

On Mar 25, 1:42 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

oups.com...

What are those brushes worth? In this case, a whole lot more than what
they normally sell them for.
Anyway, I thought I'd share something positive.

r---who gives his customers a neatly finished trivet, made from the
same material as their countertop, with Magic Sponge attached to it.
Somehow that makes the customer happier than with a $ 3000.00
countertop.

Cool. I wonder if all the Festools come with that extra set of brushes.
BTY I got to do the touchy feely thing with the Domino on Friday. No
testing but I got to see a sample of the joint, pretty impressive.
Still, it's going to cost a small fortune to get one with a decent
assortment of tennons. IIRC $920+ tax.

Yep. And shipping because no Festool tools are stock items. All are
ordered especially for that customer. To make that person feel
special. Festool doesn't want any bum with a grand of disposable
income in his pocket walking into the store and taking one of those
special green tools home without proper vetting and going through the
iniation procedure.

And then I was informed that a dust
collector will not be able to be keep up with the Domino. I wonder if that
is true or not. Seems a shop vacuum is the tool of choice for this
situation but again, I wonder.

The official Festool shop vacs work fine with the Domino. And other
Festool tools. I suspect any shop vac would work just fine. Domino
takes the official Festool hose so it would be easiest, if not
cheapest, to get a Festool hose and hook it to whatever shop vac you
choose to use. In one of the various reviews, it was stressed that
some kind of dust collection, via shop vac, is required for the Domino
to work properly. $25 Sears vac would work fine once you got the
right size hose onto it.

I know choking down the 4" hose limits its
flow but not so much if the choke is at the tool rather than away from the
tool. I still get pretty good flow at the router table, disk sander, and
spindle sander. I think I'll experiment with my PC plate jointer and see if
that holds water. The dust port is almost the same size as on the Domino.