Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default L-shaped bracket?

Martin Pentreath wrote:
On 25 Mar, 22:43, "Martin Pentreath"
wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Will have a look in Wickes, if not there then
some of the Screwfix brackets might work. The load it needs to take
is, I would guess, potentially quite high. It's to support one end of
a 6' x 4' bit of trellis sitting on top of a brick wall. Once it's
covered in jasmine and a bit of a wind gets up I would guess the
forces involves are pretty big

PS Here's an ASCII picture of what's going on (fixed font required):

| === Trellis
L bar to |
go here ==== |
_____
| |
| | ===== oversailing course preventing
| | straight steel (or wooden)
| | bar going down the wall
| |
| |
| |
| |

Could you not fabricate a wooden post in sections to go around the
oversailing course? Or cut a rebate in a solid post? Much stronger than a
bracket.

| | | - screw & glue together
| | | - bolt thru into wall
|__| |