Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim Speedy Jim is offline

Default Outdoor outlets: how high from ground?

clevelandhts07 wrote:

Hey all. I need to install an outdoor outlet on my garage for a pond
pump. Anyone know what the National Electrical Code says about how
high off the ground an outlet has to be? I'm plainning on installing a
weatherproof cover that covers the plugs at all times.

I don't believe there is a specific height requirement,
except that it must be higher than where water might accumulate.

Since this will be a relatively permanent plug-in, the cover would
have to be closed against water entry (such as a driving rain)
by using a special cover.

Of course, GFCI protecion is needed.

Better ask Clv Hts to be sure :-)

Jim