Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Double Pole switch???

Normally it is used for switching 240v, though there might be 120v
applications where you need to break the neutral also.

You can use it as a single pole switch if you have no use for a double.

"J.C." wrote in message
I bought a Double pole switch. Why, I don't know. I looked in my trusty
electrical handbook and my copy of the 2007 NESC handbook (to most wasted
$65.00 I've ever spent) and nowhere is there a reference to a "Double Pole
Switch". So, what is a "Double Pole Switch" and what is it used for.

I've used many a single pole switch and a number of 3 way switches in my
time but this one's got me a bit baffled.

TIA

JC