Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Air Conditioner Installation

deke wrote:

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:12:10 -0400, "AlanC37"
wrote:

I have bought a modern split Air Conditioner/Heating heat pump. I need
someone qualified, in the Ottawa Canada area, to install it for me. I did
not expect this to be a problem but the local guys I have contacted so far
don't want the job since the thing uses a new refrigerant called R410a and
they have no experience or equipment to handle this stuff.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might locate someone in my
area? I am, of course, working through the phone book but have had no luck
so far.
If this is the wrong newsgroup I apologise and would appreciate a pointer
to the correct place. Thanks AlanC37

Save yourself some money and buy your own 410a equipment and install
it yourself. You can buy it on ebay and after your system is up and
running, you can sell it on ebay for a profit.

As they say, it is NOT rocket science.

And by the way, R410a does NOT harm the environment.

ps There are some assholes that consider themselves far superior to
others and always tell you such things as "Be careful as you can be
hurt by the high pressure of R410a" or "You should hire a
professional". Don't listen to them as you and every moron over 2
years old already know that **** and they are insulting your
intelligence in telling you that. Good luck with your project.

In most places ou have to have all the licenses necessary to install
split system units!
Do NOT mess with that job it is more involved than you know!
Retired HVAC contractor. - udarrell

--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
http://www.udarrell.com/