Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Festool comes through for me.

On Mar 25, 2:42 pm, "Leon" wrote:
IIRC $920+ tax.

Also called A THOUSAND BUCKS. To paraphrase Larry The Cable Guy "I
don't care who you are, but that is a lot of money right there."...but
dammit, I know they've got a winner there. I hate those sunsabitches,
because they have my number and they keep dialing it.

And then I was informed that a dust
collector will not be able to be keep up with the Domino. I wonder if that
is true or not. Seems a shop vacuum is the tool of choice for this
situation but again, I wonder.

A good shop vac has a lot more 'pull' than a DC. Guys use the Fein
Turbos as hold-down for smaller CNC routers... a job one would never
trust to a DC. DC is for large volume, like a clean-up after a pillow-
fight. The ShopVac will lift up a bowling ball.
Even though the wattage may read the same, the ratio of current vs
voltage does not. My Fein does a fabulous job on both the Kreg jig and
the biscuit jointer..way better than the 2 HP DC. The Fein, however,
is useless on my planer. It's the fan vs airhose argument in reverse.

I know choking down the 4" hose limits its
flow but not so much if the choke is at the tool rather than away from the
tool.

The displacement of air in a Vac is far more positive than a DC.. the
DC will just cavitate and slap around air. This is going under the
assumption that we're talking a real shop-vac, not one of those 6.5
peak HP (5 amp motor, ohhh yea) from Harbour Fright.

I still get pretty good flow at the router table, disk sander, and
spindle sander. I think I'll experiment with my PC plate jointer and see if
that holds water. The dust port is almost the same size as on the Domino.

A THOUSAND BUCKS, Leon....A THOUSAND BUCKS!!!

LOL

r--- who is looking to find a 'disposable' THOUSAND BUCKS. I also
wonder who the first one is, in here, that's going to drop the g-note.