Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default Festool comes through for me.

One of my guys was sanding a Meganite top, getting ready for delivery
that afternoon when he called me on my cell to tell me that THE SANDER
had quit suddenly. He had already done all the basic checks to see if
he had power everywhere.
I was on a site, I had the Fein with me, so that wasn't going to do
him any good. But the top he was working on, was the final delivery of
a 'whole house' order, so it was important to me to get this resolved.
Did I tell you this was on a Friday?... but you already knew that,
right? G
I quickly return to the shop in order to finish with the Fein, then to
I quickly opened the tail of the RO 150 Festool, to see that the
spring had popped on one the brushes stopping the thing dead in its
tracks.
Friday, noon...I'm not completely dead in the water..but I decided
then and there to immediatly order a new set of brushes. I knew there
was a plastic envelope inside the Festool (Systainer) box, which I
thought would have the service department numbers etc.
And there, inside the envelope, taped neatly in a corner, a little
plastic pouch with 2 new brushes.
Got everything done on time, made it to the bank and made the bi-
weekly pay-roll.
Pretty cool, eh?

What are those brushes worth? In this case, a whole lot more than what
they normally sell them for.
Anyway, I thought I'd share something positive.

r---who gives his customers a neatly finished trivet, made from the
same material as their countertop, with Magic Sponge attached to it.
Somehow that makes the customer happier than with a $ 3000.00
countertop.