Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Cost of installing single handle washing machine valve?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 06:43:59 -0600, Rick Blaine
wrote:

"jay-n-123" wrote:

Is it problematic the way the pipes are 9" apart and protruding out of the
wall (with one of them about 3/4" higher than the other), or will the
plumber simply be able to cut off the old valves and fit some angular
attachments to get a single handle valve installed without having to cut
into any drywall?

Anything can be custom built, but most prefab washer boxes I've seen expect the
copper to come up from the bottom. Hard to see how you'd do that without cutting
into the wall...

Barbarrow's url gave a device and one picture showed three models of
it. It seemed like maybe the expected angle was different, but I
couldn't see well enough. Maybe calling them and asking would help,
and maybe telling them to put in a better picture would help the next
guy too. They have a pdf file but I don't like pdf so I didn't look
at it.