Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Scott Rotary Spreader Settings

On Mar 25, 9:41 am, "Jeffy3" wrote:
What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back
in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of
years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on
the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could
at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

Buy someone elses fertilizer and check the bag before you buy it. I
have a Scotts SpeedyGreen spreader and almost always find it listed on
other bags of fertilizer. If not, I just load it up and adjust
visually.

BTW, I think the Scotts lawn products are very good, but way
overpriced compared to alternatives. Plus, they encourage over use of
fertilizer/weedkiller, etc. Basicly, with their 4 step marketing,
they tell you to put down weedkiller all over the whole lawn at a
certain time, even if you have 12 dandelions that could be easily and
more effectively spot treated. Not good for the environment and not
as effective against the weeds either.