Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Dan Bollinger Dan Bollinger is offline

Default Where Do Ideas Come From - Creativity or Synthesisity?

Not to quibble Dan, but I think in reality it means my brain does
better work when I'm not using it. ;^)

LOL! Whenever I read a response like yours using 'but' I can't help to add the
words implied, but left out:

Not to quibble Dan, BUT I WILL...

That's OK. You have my permission to quibble, no need to disquise it or be
afraid.

I agree. There is value in 'mulling it over', or 'sleeping on it.' It is an old
designer's trick; give your brain a problem to work on 'in the background' and
then do something else for awhile, knowing that it continues to work on it.

Dan