Jim

Default Countersunk screw-head diameter and angle

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
That's a new one to me--#4 head on a #6 screw. Looking at
the Hammond print it sure looks like that's what they're
describing. In any case, the head dia for a #4 FH is .225
max, matching the callout on the PANEL drawing.

Ned Simmons

Many thanks - that does make more sense now. So the diameter of the hole was
correct after all. The screws do protrude from the panel as supplied though.
I think the problem is the flat area of the screw - it's edges are rounded
off and I think it is this narrow section of screw that is protruding.

My plan is to sink the coutersink hole down by a small amount (the height of
this flat part of the screw head) to compensate.

Jim