Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] summersongblues@yahoo.com is offline

Default I am buying a small house not in the best shape but anyway. Never owned a house before. Need your advice.

I am buying a small house not in the best shape but anyway. Never
owned
a house before. Need your advice.

The real estate guy is nice but how honest and smart he is - I don't
know.

What do I have to do to handle this purchase as best as possible.

What I know is that

1) I pay a deposit, (couple of thousands) and then monthly
installments. So, I need a contact for that and a receipt, right?

2) What do I need to make sure that I really get the house? I sign a
purchase agreement for the house? Who prepares it? Who signs it?

3) I pay the real estate guy or the owner? Or depends?

4) I need title insurance? When is the best to get it? Same day, I
purchase the house?

5) What about a warranty deed?

6) Do I have to go to local agencies to inform them that I am the
owner? Do I have to sign papers with them?

7) How can I find out if unpaid taxes or lien or other stuff is on the
property? And do I need an insurance against that too?

Did I forget something?

Joe