Posted to rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair
Derwin Derwin is offline

Default is it worth it to replace caps in old equalizer??

In article ,
says...

Plus many/most inexpensive EQ's arent phase liniar anyways...
Mostly useless for high quality audio. Besides, problems with a hifi
setup is better addressed actually fixing those problems at the source,
not trying to EQ them out.

If you had read my post accurately you would have noticed that I said I use the
equalizer in a guitar effects chain, not to EQ a 'hifi setup'. I'm quite sure
the quality is no worse than a typical cheap equalizer guitar pedal. The
guitar signal goes through the effects chain, into the amplifier, and the
amplifier is miked. So 'phase linearity' of the EQ isn't all that important,
though I suppose it may color the effects in some way, which may be either
good or bad, but I'd have no way of determining that without a 'phase linear'
EQ to do an A-B comparison with. In any case, it's not something I'm concerned
about as it sounds fine to me.