Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Toilet tank condensation

"mgarvie" wrote in message
m...
Always have had a problem here in central Illinois with condesation on the
toilet tank. Best guess, the water coming into the tank is in the low
50's and the condensation can be waful when the windows are open and the
humidity is up.

Short of adding a holding tank in the basement to warm the water to room
tempature is there anything I can do? Then only thing I can think of
doing is to hook up the toilet to the hot water pipe. Any other
suggestions?

Warm the water, reduce the humidity in the bathroom, or insulate the tank.
You can get internal insulation but the simplest thing is a simple heavy
fabric cover.

Don Young