Gary Coffman

Default Straightening?

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 12:15:09 -0600, "Tim Williams" wrote:
"Gary Coffman" wrote in message
.. .
Intricate decorative pieces may have 50 or more "heats" involved
in producing them. The metal doesn't "wear out", though as I noted
there will be some losses to scale formation with each heat.

With my slow going I've probably heated a lot more times than that... and
the surface still spark tests 1080/1090 in carbon content. Not even 1040/60
range anywhere. So there's not really much loss at all.

But what's the difference in the weight? You lose some metal to
scale with each heat. That does mount up over many heats.

Gary