Posted to rec.woodworking
C & E C & E is offline

Default square hole with jigsaw

"Chuck Hoffman" wrote in message
Drill your starter hole and proceed as before but STAY ABOUT 1/16TH AWAY
FROM THE LINE. Clean out the scrap with a mallet and sharp chisel. If
you have one, use a corner chisel to get nice square corners.

You can also flatten the wavy edges with a file/

"Keith" wrote in message
ups.com...
I tried to cut a square hole with a jigsaw. I flat out failed as the
cut had a wavy appearance. I am using nice Bosch jigsaw.

What I did was to drill a hole and then approach the line. I had a
aluminum straight edge. I found that the angle I cut had caused the
blade to bend.

I have a new piece of stock and I am going to try again. I did
decide to ensure the blade will not bend yet I keep thinking I will
have the same issues. I searched the groups but did not an exact
answer. Just looking for some guidance.

Thanks.