Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
Tom Cular Tom Cular is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

Don,

I think we had this conversation a couple of years ago; if you are not a"
licensed design professional", i.e. a P.E. or R.A., then you're a draftsman
or cad operator; nothing more as far as the laws of most states are
concerned. I think the day of the unlicensed "designer" is nearing an end,
if it hasn't already ended.

Tom
"Don" wrote in message
"3D Peruna" wrote
Not misleading, but illegal in most states. "Plan Stamping" or the
reviewing of plans prepared by others is not legal in any of the states
I'm registered in...

Its all a matter of wording.
Just cause YOU call it *reviewing* doesn't make it so.
I know plenty of architects and engineers that have boilerplate sheets
made up with stuff like standard details of headers, footing steel, sill
sections, etc. that simply date and stamp them and sell them to the
homeowner or others for a few hundred bux. The homeowner or builder
includes them with the rest of the permit package and everyone's happy.
When the code changed in 1992 requiring architects and/or engineers to
stamp ALL plans submitted for permit this created a finacial boon for all
of them. Architects and engineers design less than 5% of all the homes in
SW FL but they make money off of ALL of them, by law.