Posted to alt.home.repair
gerry gerry is offline

Default KVA vs Watt

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:09:37 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

saleem wrote:
hi all,

I have a general question about the first what s KVA what actually it
is, second what s WATT and which one is the basic thing to know when
bying the generator /

thanks

For practical purposes, a KVA = 1000 watts. There is some difference in
power factors for KVA and KW when discussing AC vs DC, but it shouldn't
concern you.

Absolutely FALSE except for resistive loads (standard light bulbs,
electric heaters...)

DC DOES NOT have a power factor and VA = Watts, why mention it???

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com