Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

Default How Long to Talk / Type / Argue with a moron?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
| 3G wrote:
| "RicodJour" wrote in message
| ps.com...
| | On Mar 21, 5:48 am, "3G" wrote:
| | " wrote in message
| |
| | |I finished about 1400 sq. ft. of my basement with about 46 4x8
| sheets
| | | of drywall. All the sheets are standing up so the tapered
ends
| are
| | | butted together. Each seam is about 7 feet long. There are 9
| inside
| | | 90-degree corners, 5 outside 90-degree corners and two
| approximately
| | | 120-degree inside corners.
| |
| | drywall (not moisture resistant) in the basement?
| | green board (moisture resistant) is better.
| |
| | Mold will grow just fine on either one, so I don't think you're
| | referring to that.
|
| nope
| the moisture will peel the paint off regular drywall
| you never use regular drywall in a basement......not here anyway.
|
| If the basement has such significant moisture
| | problems that greenboard might be indicated,
|
| now you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
|

| it would be far
| | preferable to deal with the moisture problem before finishing the
| | basement.
|

| concrete emitts moisture for years and years
|
| Let's see, I'm advising to take care of the moisture problem before
| finishing the basement and not rely on greenboard for protection, you
| argue against taking care of the moisture problem because concrete
| gives off moisture for years and years.

a dehumidifier..........no brainer!

| Beside being an excellent example of frontier gibberish, you have no
| idea what you are talking about.

correction
you have no idea what I am talking about
I will type slower next time..............sorry

Concrete does not release moisture
| for years.

actually it does release moisture for years
it takes aprox. 100 years for concrete to fully cure.
read up on it

Moisture _may_ pass through the concrete, but there is
| only a limited amount of moisture in concrete mix.
|
| | blueboard with plaster would have been the best choice and could
| have
| | been completed in a few hours.
| |
| | 1400 SF of skimcoat plaster in a few hours? Not even close unless
you
| | have a small army on hand.
|

| are you kiddin me
| 1400 sf
| we would be home by 3pm
|
| 3 hours to hang and 5 hours to plaster
| and only 3 guys
| damn we must be good.
|
| I really must apologize. I am standing in the presence of greatness.

now you uderstand
finally

| Less than a week ago you were telling us about the plasterer you
| _hired_ using _nails_ to tack up board on metal stud,

that is correct
I hired an incompetant plasterer to do a job for me and they made a mess
everywhere.
I can't do every job
sometimes I sub the work out.

and now you've
| graduated into Super Plasterer.

graduated years ago.............................many.............. ..many
years ago.

I stand in awe of your learning
| ability.

thats what the shop teacher told me many years ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...6c6b4bc41ce 7

| I can hardly wait until next week's installment where you explain your
| technique for reattaching severed limbs.

I opted to sub that job out
I do have limits you know.

I guess you watch this show
| a lot:
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNfGyIW7aHM

I never watch tv.................too busy with work.

| If it were that fast, no one would use,
| | drywall, tape and spackle.
|
| only the cheap *******s do use drywall/tape/compound
| and home owners who don't know any better.
|
| Feel better?

a little
how bout you?

| | 1400 SF of skimcoat plaster would be much slower than 3 or 4
hundred
| | linear feet of tapered edge taping and spackling, and a bit of
bead
| | work. If the OP's contractor isn't resistant to using setting
type
| | compound they could skip all of the drying time.
| |
| whats the R for................retard
| |

| yes, it stands for Retardo, just like it says on my lunch box. Thanks
for asking.

| And learn to quote correctly, ya maroon.

I just love "maroons" with coffee.

what the hell do you know Retardo
you think "spackle" is used for taping drywall.
oh boy, oh boy, oh boy