Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default drywall to wood transition

"Pete C." wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:

What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with? By that I mean
when
drywall finishes/ends at a wood beam for instance so that you have ehhh
I'll have to go with a picture this is too complicated to describe

http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230097.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230098.JPG

Bad drywalling aside, where drywall ends and wood begins how is it
normally
transitioned? I'm thinking corner trim moulding, but are there other
alternatives?

Plastic "J" bead is commonly used as a finish cap on a drywall edge, be
it exposed or butted against another material. It's paintable to match
the drywall.

Pete C.

Oh you mean an endcap that goes over the drywall. I hadn't thought of that.