Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

3G wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote in message
ps.com...
| On Mar 21, 5:48 am, "3G" wrote:
| " wrote in message
|
| |I finished about 1400 sq. ft. of my basement with about 46 4x8
sheets
| | of drywall. All the sheets are standing up so the tapered ends
are
| | butted together. Each seam is about 7 feet long. There are 9
inside
| | 90-degree corners, 5 outside 90-degree corners and two
approximately
| | 120-degree inside corners.
|
| drywall (not moisture resistant) in the basement?
| green board (moisture resistant) is better.
|
| Mold will grow just fine on either one, so I don't think you're
| referring to that.

nope
the moisture will peel the paint off regular drywall
you never use regular drywall in a basement......not here anyway.

If the basement has such significant moisture
| problems that greenboard might be indicated,

now you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

it would be far
| preferable to deal with the moisture problem before finishing the
| basement.

concrete emitts moisture for years and years

Let's see, I'm advising to take care of the moisture problem before
finishing the basement and not rely on greenboard for protection, you
argue against taking care of the moisture problem because concrete
gives off moisture for years and years.

Beside being an excellent example of frontier gibberish, you have no
idea what you are talking about. Concrete does not release moisture
for years. Moisture _may_ pass through the concrete, but there is
only a limited amount of moisture in concrete mix.

| blueboard with plaster would have been the best choice and could
have
| been completed in a few hours.
|
| 1400 SF of skimcoat plaster in a few hours? Not even close unless you
| have a small army on hand.

are you kiddin me
1400 sf
we would be home by 3pm

3 hours to hang and 5 hours to plaster
and only 3 guys
damn we must be good.

I really must apologize. I am standing in the presence of greatness.
Less than a week ago you were telling us about the plasterer you
_hired_ using _nails_ to tack up board on metal stud, and now you've
graduated into Super Plasterer. I stand in awe of your learning
ability.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...6c6b4bc41ce 7

I can hardly wait until next week's installment where you explain your
technique for reattaching severed limbs. I guess you watch this show
a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNfGyIW7aHM

If it were that fast, no one would use,
| drywall, tape and spackle.

only the cheap *******s do use drywall/tape/compound
and home owners who don't know any better.

Feel better?

| 1400 SF of skimcoat plaster would be much slower than 3 or 4 hundred
| linear feet of tapered edge taping and spackling, and a bit of bead
| work. If the OP's contractor isn't resistant to using setting type
| compound they could skip all of the drying time.

whats the R for................retard

No, it stands for Rico, just like it says above. Thanks for asking.

And learn to quote correctly, ya maroon.