Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe Szyslak Moe Szyslak is offline

Default Useless Web sites and general corporate incompetence

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

"There's a whole bunch of stuff that we stock that
doesn't show up on the Web site!"

That's true. It's frustrating for me because often I'll need prices
on small electrical conduit parts and stuff when I'm doing a bid for a
customer. I ran into this recently when I needed prices for
electrical boxes and fittings for a job and there was none listed on
the HD site, luckily Lowe's had the parts listed so I could get the
bid out without visiting the store first.

All I wanted was prices on 10' sticks of 1/2" EMT, and various
fittings to go with it. It took a long time to search the Lowe's
website for that. Since most of my jobs don't involve conduit I had
to know what the actual cost was because $.89 fittings, boxes,
couplers, and covers add up quick when multiplied 50 times.