Posted to alt.home.repair
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Off Gassing Laminated Flooring

On Mar 22, 10:19 pm, Robin Michetti Robin.Michetti.
wrote:

I think that all of us who are interested in renovating our homes
should consider using materials that are the absolute safest possible.
If we live in a northern climate we spent a lot of time indoors likely
in an airtight house. This is not a matter of allergies or
sensitivities. Formaldehyde which is in pressed wood, MDF, melamine and
laminated floors is a carcinogen plain and simple. Childhood cancer is
on the increase...why?.. because children are exposed to more and more
environmental toxins..formaldehyde being one of the most toxic. We put
our babies down on carpeting and flooring that offgasses without
realizing the serious impact it can have on their health. So I think
that information about the kinds of safe materials we want to build our
houses with is very important and should be included in DYI sites such
as yours.

First, let me say that I'm no more interested in breathing
formaldehyde than anyone else.

Not everybody has children. I consider childhood cancer
rates to be irrelevant in my flooring purchasing decisions.
It's not always about babies.

Cindy Hamilton