Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
Bill's News Bill's News is offline

Default LCD Flicker. And windows won't keep changes to the display settings!

"PeterD" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:13:05 -0700, "Bill's News"
wrote:

I replaced my very old KVM with a new one just a few days ago.
My old MAG 17" LCD display is the one which I switch. It's a
75
Hz unit and for some reason when I switched it to the newer PC
its driver kept getting reset to 60 Hz, which causes a
dazzling
effect rather than flicker.

The KVM is not properly switching the monitor ID lines, only
the video
lines. I think there is a way to specify that the driver
ignore the
Monitor ID and just use what you specify...

You may be right, but there is no driver with this KVM. There
is an app to allow click switching, as the chosen "scroll lock"
hot key is a problem on both of my wireless keyboards which
double up that function on a key. I don't use the app, I've
chosen to place the KVM controller box on the floor and tap the
large, top-mounted action button with my right foot.

The USB keyboard is also seen by each OS as coming and going,
and that really should not happen either. I'm going dingy from
all the dings;-)