Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Re Ariston under-sink water heater install

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:25:13 -0000 Donwill wrote :
Polite suggestion---- These things can be DANGEROUS and can EXPLODE, If you
don't know how to proceed, then DON'T, get someone in who is familiar with
the installation of electric under-sink heaters.
They are meant to be installed with an open vent tap which are very
expensive, the water expands when heated and drips out of the open vent
tap, the outlet is always open and the tap controls the inlet side of the
heater, I recently purchased a tap for my heater which cost me approx £90.

I will agree about the potential for danger but in many cases you no longer
need an open vented tap. The requirement is either for an expansion vessel or
for a suitable length of pipe between the heater and incoming main. You also
need a safety valve.