Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Kitchen Island question?? Cabinet experts please come in!!

tom wrote:
On Mar 22, 7:49 pm, "bdeditch" wrote:
My daughter wants me to build her a Kitchen Island that will be
approx 11' by 8' ( L shaped). It will hold a stove top and will have
a back splash behind it. On top of the back splash she wants to have
a granite Counter top. My concern is what is going to hold up the 1
foot over hang that she wants to have. I am sure that I can make the
back splash approx 6" wide but what should I use to hold up the over
hang?

Actually, one foot overhang is okay, no supports needed (at least
that's what my granite guy told and sold me). Tom

That was my reaction at first, but thinking about it I'm getting the
impression that he's talking about a short counter on the back side of
the island, 18 inches wide with only 6 inches of structure underneath.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)