Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul D Paul D is offline

Default Wood floor plank lengths

1st Row .... 2 lengths
2nd row ..... 1/2 length, full length, half length
Continue till finished

if you want a more random look
cut a length at any length you like ... dont even have to measure, then lay
full length, then off cut of first length.
repeat till finished

either wat you go the end joins should not be all that obvious as to jump
out and grab you anyway.

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
Anyone familiar with Lumber Liquidators?

They have some bamboo floors that are onsale for $1.99 / SF which is a
very good price. I remember installing my bamboo floor in the bedroom six
years ago and it was $14.00 / SF installed.

The onky thing is that these are special "closeouts" that are 72" long.
The 36" long ones are $3.99 and they look the same.

I am wondering does 72" long plank really work on a room that is only say
12'x12'? The planks are T&G, so if you place at the edge two 6' planks,
what do you do for the next row? If you want it staggered say 12", you
may cut the 72" length plank into a 60" piece and a 12" piece. Then after
the 60" piece, you put in a full 72" piece, then the 12" you cut off on
one end will now be placed at the other end? So for each row you use two
planks cut in different lengths?

Somehow I think this will not look good with planks this long. Something
about it bothers me.

Comments?

Thanks!

MC