Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve R Steve R is offline

Default old wall - plaster board or wall paper?

Hi,

We have a wall with thick embossed wall paper on it. One builder has said
that the best thing to do is plasterboard the whole wall and then skim it
(dot and dab?) and then paint it with a waterproof paint (its for a cafe)
Another guy has said to strip the wall paper and put vinyl paper up and then
paint over it - cheaper but will it look ok?

This is for a coffee shop I was going for the paint on plaster look as I
think it looks best. Will it be really noticable that there is wall paper on
the wall or will it look pretty much the same?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Steve